Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Memorial Service for James

I was at a memorial service last week for a man I hardly knew. He used to fold bulletins for our church and every now and then I would stop in and say hello. He was 85 and had served the Lord most of his life. His son spoke and told of a time when he asked his dad if he knew what his purpose was and without hesitation his father said, “to pray.” The more I learned about this man I found out that as he sat in the church brake room he was praying for our pastors, Global Passion, and for me. I am so grateful for James and his prayers over me. I never knew until now.

Have you ever been prompted to pray for someone randomly? You are experiencing the prompting of the Holy Spirit.

The bible also says that Jesus sits at the right hand of God and intercedes for us each individually. Psalms 32:7,8 says, “He surrounds us about with songs of deliverance…and leads and guides us with His own eye.” I am encouraged today to know that even though I may feel a little overwhelmed, there is someone I may not even know praying for me right now, and Jesus is interceding on my behalf; even our God is singing over me right now. Today I want to take a lesson from my friend James. I am going to take some time today to pray secretly over someone and to be sensitive to the H.S. prompting.

Blessings,

No comments: