Friday, October 20, 2006

Fasting





AAAHHHHH...The 3 day fast is over and I just had one of the best Mexican meals I have ever had. What a great feeling. I had three cups of Dunkin donuts coffee the best coffee in the world!
Whenever we fast like this I love the way the Lord feels so near. Everyone has had such a great experience and did so good. (Lizah only smelled the pizza!). All of us felt a breakthrough in our hearts. Mine was in the area of selfishness. It is hard to admit, but I am still struggling with the same things from kindergarten, but instead of fighting over toys it is stinginess with my time, my space, and my expectations. When you are so weak that you can't argue anymore...God can make some progress maturing you!
Anyway fasting for us at Global Passion is an amazing time. It is a normal part of our schedule at the FUEL intern program. If you have never tried it, maybe you could skip a lunch this week and go to the park and just talk to God. You will be surprised at the difference it makes in your ability to resist temptation and hear the voice of God.

No comments: