Wednesday, August 29, 2007

DANGER: This one is going to get Mushy!



I have been attempting to add a little romance in my marriage...yes I can hear the interns making gagging noises right now. But the reality is any man can romance 100 women 1 time, but it takes a real man to romance 1 woman 100 times. Think about that guys. So anyway I have been writing little notes to her on the above cards and this time around I found a quote that sums up a lot of what we have been learning lately.

Love is not blind - it sees more, not less. But because it sees more, it is willing to see less.
Rabbi Julius Gordon

As Dorie and I grow together and learn more and more about each other, I have to admit there are some things at my core that I am not too proud of and I have a hard time sharing or letting her see. But as we reveal our faults, and darkest secrets to each other something funny has happened. What we thought would repulse and drive the other away, has actually brought us closer together. Our commitment is growing stronger as we open up and trust each other with our true selves. It isn't always easy, it can be downright tough, but in the end there is nothing like looking into the eyes of someone that has seen our worst and yet still loves us completely.
It is how the Father loves us. God knows your heart, you can't hide anything yet he completely loves you...There truly is nothing like His love. Today, no matter what you have done or how bad you think you are, Know that God has seen it all and He is absolutely in love with you.

3 comments:

I DO WAT HE WANTS said...

okay for the first part of your blog i want to say...

EWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!

and for the second part of your blog i want to say that it really spoke to me and i needed to hear it. i am so thankful that my God still loves me even tho ive messed up so many times.
Thanks boo! lol

Anonymous said...

LOL...you got the gagging part right...after I read the first line I though...Oh my gosh, gross, and when I read the gagging line I started laughin.
The second part, like Lizah said spoke to me also. Its not just a physical love that people are so great at giving away...but its an emotional, spiritual fulfilling love that God gives...honestly, this year was the first time I realized that...yay for FUEL!

Anonymous said...

LOL...you got the gag part right!
I agree with Lizah. God is so good not only to give us physical love, but fill us with His emotional and spiritual love that we sense when we're with Him. I never realized how much He truly loved me until I came here...God's amazing! Yay for FUEL!