Monday, August 27, 2007

graduation day!



I can't believe the day is here. Never have I have looked forward to yet dreaded a day as much as this one. I looked forward to it, because this is the first ever class to graduate (Christina will always have the honors of guinea pig 1 though) from the Fuel Curriculum. And I dreaded it because it would mean that our year together is over. I feel like Tula's dad in the movie, "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" when he said, "Why you wanna leeeve me!" But alas, I must let them go, because God has a calling on their lives and the whole point of what we do in the FUEL intern program has to do with equipping and launching. They are equipped and ready, now the countdown begins. Elizah is heading to Honduras to teach English and help begin a youth ministry program. Randa is heading to Derry, Northern Ireland to work in the public school system sharing God's love. Sean is already in Florida training before he leaves for South Africa and then Asia to work with Book of Hope as a trainer. Manny is heading to Bombay, India to work with teen challenge, and Sarah is heading to Fiji to help begin a medical clinic and a university. Angie is going to help me here at the home base get the new class of interns up and running before she heads to India herself. Yea, you could say I am proud. I am so thankful to have crossed paths and built relationship with such fine people. There is no doubt in my mind that these students are going to change the world!

2 comments:

I DO WAT HE WANTS said...

i love you!!!!!!!!

we miss you!

I DO WAT HE WANTS said...

I love you!!!!!!!

we miss you!